Last Posts

 
 

Tuesday 29 August 2017




Title: "Paper Towns"
Author: John Green
Published: 2008
Genre: Young Literature









Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificent Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. When their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Margo has disappeared. But Quentin soon learns that there are clues—and they’re for him. Embarking on an exhilarating adventure to find her, the closer Quentin gets, the less he sees the girl he thought he knew.


It is true that this writer is not one of my favourites, but this novel has enchanted me. It's those kind of novels that change your world point of view and make you think about attitudes or actions that we have.

To begin with, I have to admit that even though everyone told miracles about this book, I made myself wait because I didn't like any of the John Green's books I read before this one. It is true that as soon as you start with this novel you can't stop reading it.

One of the main reasons this book has gained a space on my shelf is by the mere fact that it is different. It made me seen the world from a point of view that I would never look at, everything has been thanks to Margo Roth Spiegelman without hesitation one of my favourite characters in this novel.
Margo is the faithful image of a daring and dreamy girl. It is true that the characters in this novel do not stick to reality, they are more like a fantasy. Something that in my opinion is perfect for this story as they are characters that you don't often read.
Quentin, another of the main characters is also quite interesting. Margo and Quentin have known each other since they were small but as they have grown up they have separated. Their extravagant and unlike personality different to the rest of the world have hooked me throughout all the reading.
Quentin, is a very tender and adorable character but the daring attitude of Margo has captivated me much more than the sweet Quentin.

Of all the books of John Green that I have read, I found it the most complete. If I had to define it in a word, without thinking it would be "enigmatic", it defines it perfectly. It is a novel full of mystery and pure intrigue and the best thing is that is kept from beginning to end. The characters help to keep the mystery going throughout the story. It is true that it doesn't have a lot of romanticism but it is one of the few novels in which I have not missed it.

Finally, the book flows easily and is a quick to read. I have not stayed stagnant at any point, it is very bearable and I recommend it to everyone. The book has made me see life from another point of view and that is the reason why I liked it so much, I love the type of books that make you change a bit your point of view, this book has earned a place in my library well deserved.


"She loved mysteries so much that she became one" 



No comments:

Post a Comment